After this week I will be away until the middle of March so this weeks edition is more a G-Man Gig of the next 2/3 weeks. Catchy eh? Whatever the ins and outs may be Sam Beam's Iron & Wine at the Olympia on the 14th March (a Monday) is the hottest ticket in town for yours truly. On a sidenote the 4th March is a busy, busy night.
Other shows definitely worth a mention...
- Sound It Out Cork Band/Singer-Songwriter Competition in An Réalt Dearg (Mon 28th Feb, 7th & 14th Mar), The Roundy (Tue 1st, 8th & 15th Mar) and Bourbon Street (Wed 2nd, 9th and 16th Mar)
- R.S.A.G. in The Pavilion, Cork (Fri 4th Mar), McGarrigles, Sligo (Sat 5th Mar), Dolan's, Limerick (Fri 11th Mar) and Set Theatre, Kilkenny (Sat 12th Mar)
- Choice Music Prize in Vicar St, Dublin (Thu 3rd Mar)
- Surfer Blood in The Academy, Dublin (Fri 4th Mar)
- Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs in Olympia Theatre, Dublin (Fri 4th Mar and Sat 5th Mar)
- The Decemberists in Vicar Street, Dublin (Fri 4th Mar)
- Halves in Whelan's, Dublin (Fri 4th Mar), Dolan's, Limerick (Sat 5th Mar) and Cyprus Avenue, Cork (Sun 6th Mar)
- Liam O'Maonlai and Glen Hansard in Whelan's, Dublin (Mon 7th Mar and Tue 8th Mar)
- Mumford & Sons in The Savoy, Cork (Mon 14th Mar), The Radisson, Galway (Tue 15th Mar), Dolan's, Limerick (Wed 16th Mar) and The Olympia, Dublin (Fri 18th Mar)