Monday, March 26, 2012
Cork Gig Guide (March 26th-April 1st)
A host of Cork's heavyweights gather in The Pavilion on Thursday to fundraise for the people of Rossport in their campaign opposing the Corrib Gas Project. Whether you care for the political reasoning or not, it cannot be argued that there is a seriously fine array of talent on show in the form of Hope Is Noise, Trumpets of Jericho, Lamp and more. For more details see here.
Depending on how awake you feel after that, you may be able to squeeze in the end of alternative folkies Daphne In The Attic who play a late show in The Crane Lane.
A contender for gig of the week is Agitate The Gravel's single launch in Cyprus Avenue where they will be joined by pals Former Monarchs and Une Pipe who will help christen the release of 'Wait', ATG's third single. To hear Chris, Muireann and Ruairi's interview (and performance) on Sunday's edition of The Cork Music Show simply click here.
It is all about local talent this week with Private Underground Residence's re-emergence from the shadows continuing in The Pavilion. That same night, "weirdo/outer limits" group Black Sun and Plugd Records combine again to welcome American composer and artist John Wiese to the Triskel which will see quite a lot happening on the night. See the facebook event here for more details.
Monday, March 26th
- Elly O'Keefe in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
Tuesday, March 27th
- Soul Driven in The Crane Lane Theatre (11pm)
- Kev McNally in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Wednesday, March 28th
- Fireside Sessions with Allie Bradley in
Mr. Bradley's of Barrack Street
- Blue Note Jazz Sessions in The Roundy
- Sitting Room Sessions featuring Ian o Doherty and Dolcie Keogh in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- Screenreader in The Crane Lane Theatre (11pm)
Thursday, March 29th
- Shell to Sea fundraiser featuring Hope Is Noise, Trumpets of Jericho, Lamp and more in The Pavilion
- Daphne In The Attic in The Crane Lane Theatre (11pm)
- CTRL-ALT-DELETE in Fred Zeppelins
Friday, March 30th
- Paradox and 24 Broken Amps in An Cruiscin Lan
- Twisted Celluloid: Videodrome & Repo Man in the Triskel Christchurch
- Mutant Cabaret in The Roundy
- Agitate The Gravel (single launch), Former Monarchs and Une Pipe in Cyprus Avenue
Saturday, March 31st
- Private Underground Residence and Molotov Ape in The Pavilion
- The Kanyu Tree in Cyprus Avenue (8pm)
- Rise Up presents Solo Banton in Cyprus Avenue(11pm)
- Black Sun presents John Wiese in the Triskel/Plugd
If located in another part of the green isle simply click here for further gig guides.