Thursday, March 29, 2012
The Cork Music Show Sunday, 25th March
The G-Man and Suzy D were extra delighted to welcome Agitate The Gravel back on the show this week.
Topics on the show included :
- Chatting with Muireann, Chris and Ruairi ahead of their Cyprus Avenue gig on Friday (March 30th) which will see the shoegazers release their third single in the form of ‘Wait’
- A live performance of the new single featuring Muireann on violin
- Quick preview of Rebels Against The Pipe featuring Hope Is Noise, Trumpets of Jericho, Lamp and more in The Pavilion Thursday 29th March. €7/€5 in.
- The Hard Ground release single 'Pawn' and play the Half Moon on 5th April
- The Mandolas are set to join us in the Cork FM Community Radio studios next Sunday (1st April) at 4pm.
Tune in to The Cork Music Show every Sunday at 4pm on Cork FM Community Radio (100.5FM). Now streaming at http://www.corkfm.net/stream/index.htm
*Pretty much everything played on today’s show is available to buy in Plugd Records on Tobin Street.
The full playlist for March 25th :
01. Private Underground Residence: Snuffbox
02. Agitate The Gravel: The Wilderness Years
03. Agitate The Gravel: Don’t Know
04. Agitate The Gravel: Wait (live in the studio)
05. John Blek & The Rats: Take Me Home
06. When Good Pets Go Bad: Far Cry From Nowhere
07. Trumpets of Jericho: Nothing To Get Up For
08. The Altered Hours: Flowers Die
09. Mick Flannery: Gone Forever
10. The Hard Ground: Pawn
11. The Frank & Walters: Indie Love Song
12. Slow Motion Heroes: Paper Over Cracks
Be sure to tune your ears in to The Cork Music Show on Cork FM Community Radio 100.5 every Sunday from 4-5pm where we will be playing you your favourite Cork records & hope to open your ears to the the newest noise on the scene, as well as live music in studio, a bit of a chat aaand the Cork Music Show Challenge (aka The Hardest Quiz in the world!)
If you’d like to hear your favourite sounds on air or if you are a band who would like to send us a song or two we’d be more than happy to hear from you! You can send us a mail at either email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org Both will find their way to us eventually
Thanks for listening!
Suzy D, The G-Man & Cian Corbett