Speaking of Iceland Airwaves, a highlight of the 2011 edition of the fabulous Icelandic festival featured post-classical trio Hauschka, Dustin O’Halloran and Jóhann Jóhannsson all in the same venue on the very same - amazing no doubt - night.
The combination worked so well that the threesome - who have all previously released records on Fat Cat Records offshoot 130701 Records - have taken the incredible instrumental experience on tour. Although the first time touring together, none of the three talented individuals are strangers to Cork with Hauschka wowing with his live soundtrack for Carl Dreyer's Vampyr in the Triskel last May, Jóhannsson performing in the same venue the final night of The Reich Effect festivities in July and, most recently, O'Halloran in the Half Moon as one half of the excellent A Winged Victory For The Sullen.
For full tour listings see below.
- 15th May - De Duif, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 16th May - Heimathafen Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
- 17th May - Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, Belgium
- 18th May - The Barbican Hall, London, UK
- 19th May - Cork Opera House, Cork, Ireland
- 20th May - Sugar Club, Dublin, Ireland
- 21st May - Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester, UK
- 22nd May - Cafe De La Danse, Paris, France
- Transcendentalists play Cork Opera House Saturday, 19th May and The Sugar Club Sunday, 20th May
- Tickets are priced at €26 and €20 respectively
- To purchase visit official Cork Opera House and Sugar Club websites