A couple of titbits for you hungry news hounds to munch on.
Out On A Limb
Take Courage, the second record from Dublin three-piece Jogging and follow up to 2010 firecracker Minutes, will be released via Limerick label OOAL. The record will be released as an LP and download on August 24th with an official launch party/gig/party planned for Whelan's on the 25th.
That's not all the news from Limerick-way though as Jogging's new label mates Crayonsmith hit Wexford Street a good month in advance with the intentions of raising some very-hard-to-get-your-hands-on-these-days cash. €10 will get to see the lads in action who will be supported by both Ginnels and Owensie on the night followed by DJ-work provided by none other than Magic Pockets, No Monster Club and Squarehead.
|Antlers - Undersea|
"It begins in the dream of a peaceful flood. Water covers everything and rises. We take a deep breath in and a slow breath out. Everything is changed.
Time slows and stretches as a connectedness washes over everything. We’re left treading water, backstroking into the future.
Undersea is the feeling of suspension- memories suspended in time and space, energy suspended in the air around us. It’s the serenity of drifting off to sleep or of sinking to the bottom of the ocean. It’s both the comfort of knowing that some questions have no answers, and the torment that we’re never meant to know the truth.
We’ve searched for patient, colorful sounds and found a meditative calm, a persistent pulse that leaves room for everything to breathe and expand as a new world takes shape."
The Hard Ground
|The Hard Ground - Broken Conversations|
Like free stuff? Of course you do! Click here to download 20 stupendous tracks from famous Glaswegian record label Chemikal Underground including the heart-crumbler 'The Copper Top' from Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat who recently wowed Cork's Triskel Arts Centre.
1. Folk Song Oblivion - The Phantom Band
2. Elephants & Little Girls - Loch Lomond
3. The Copper Top - Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat
4. You Know - Lord Cut-Glass
5. Goodbye Sweet Dreams - Roky Erickson & Okkervil River
6. 1985 - Human Don't Be Angry
7. For Joe - RM Hubbert
8. Gunner - The Holy Mountain
9. The Shy Retirer - Arab Strap
10. Red Orange Green - Emma Pollock
11. Season Of The Sparks - Adrian Crowley
12. Mogwai Fear Satan - Mogwai
13. The Anniversary - King's Daughters & Sons
14. Stop The Clocks - Miaoux Miaoux
15. We Don't Have That Kind Of Bread - Zoey Van Goey
16. Loneliness Shines - Malcolm Middleton
17. Machine Age - Dancing Found
18. Knut - The Unwinding Hours
19. I Fought The Angels - The Delgados
20. Nocturne For An Absentee - De Rosa