'Tis very sleepy still...
The January lull stretches into the middle of the month as we struggle with the monotony and less chocolatey realities of "normality". On the verge of a début release, The Vincents introduce their cross-dressing selves to 2013 with a date on Carey's Lane as The Pavilion restart their fine selection of free Saturday night shows. The same location plays host to Ennis elecro mage MynameisjOhn who drives south for a Sunday Hobo Convention.
For something a little more intimate, hit The Roundy on Wednesday for Crawford Art Student/experimental electro-noodler Mark Buckeridge's stint on Castle Street.
FREE GIG OF THE WEEK
The Vincents in The Pavilion on Saturday, 12th January.
*Film fans see Triskel Arts Centre's listings for the week over on the official website here.
Monday, 7th January
Tuesday, 8th January
- ModeMusic presents... Míde Houlihan, Michael Prendiville (Porn for the Blind), Aislinn Hegarty, Spekulativ Fiktion and Colin Foley in Bru
Wednesday, 9th January
- Fast Like Fun in The Crane Lane Theatre
- Mark Buckeridge in The Roundy
- Sitting Room Sessions: Buddy Mondlock and Rachel Austin in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Thursday, 10th January
- diddly squat
Friday, 11th January
- Tanya Louise in The LV
- OBJECKT and Jamie Behan and Jonezy in The Pavilion late addition
- Coaltraan in The Roundy
- The Deans in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Saturday, 12th January
- Mary Greene, Noel Shine & Ellie Shine in Coughlan's
- Cage & Aviary in Gulpd Café (Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin Street)
- The Vincents and The Northern Drones in The Pavilion
Sunday, 13th January
- The Hobo Convention featuring Mynameisjohn in The Pavilion (4pm)
If I have forgotten anything feel free to let me know!
Coming later in Jan/Feb
18th - The Certain Three Tour 2013: Nanu Nanu, Si Schroeder and Trumpets of Jericho in The Bowery
18th - Thurston Moore & John Moloney in The Crane Lane Theatre (8.30pm)
26th - Ping Pong present: High Wolf in Triskel Arts Centre's TDC
26th - Winter Music Festival: Fionn Regan & Gemma Hayes in The White Horse (Ballincollig)
27th - Winter Music Festival: Iarla Ó'Lionáird & Steve Cooney in The White Horse (Ballincollig)
1st - Martha Wainwright in Cork Opera House
2nd - Maria Minerva in Half Moon Theatre
18th - Admiral Fallow in Cyprus Avenue
22nd - Mark Eitzel (American Music Club) in Cyprus Avenue
25th - John Prine in Cork Opera House
26th - Loch Lomond in Cyprus Avenue