Best DIY poster ever?
It's all guts and sweat on Barrack Street this evening as northern noise-makers Axis Of combine forces with local scream-beasts Terriers to launch new album Finding St Kilda in Nancy Spains. Tickets are just €5 and it's an early-ish starter so be there for 9pm.
It's riffs a-plenty this week continuing into Thursday as Bats bring their Irish tour to Cyprus Avenue - see here for all the details - which will also welcome back And So I Watch You From Afar on Sunday.
For those looking for a mellower post-bank holiday weekend week, the man with the golden voice Iarla Ó'Lionáird is in the Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch Friday with The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock in The Pavilion the following night. Beth Orton's first visit of two to the Christchurch takes place Sunday but that's been sold out for quite some time. Tickets are still available for Monday though.
For those looking to travel outside of the city boundaries, there is a silly amount of great shows going down in the rest of the county including Patrick Wolf's only Cork trip down Clonakilty way this Sunday with the same spot playing host to LOWmountain's album launch on the previous Thursday night.
FREE GIG OF THE WEEK:
Thursday: The energetic enigma that is Grave Lanterns returns with another downstairs show in The Pavilion.
*Film fans see Triskel Arts Centre's listings for the week over on the official website here.
Wednesday, 20th March
- Fireside Sessions: Suantrai in Bradley's of Barrack Street
- Protobaby in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- Axis of and Terriers in Nancy Spains
- Sitting Room Session: in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Thursday, 21st March
- Bats and The Vincent(s) in Cyprus Avenue
- Grave Lanterns and Piatcions in The Pavilion (Bar)
- LOWmountain in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Friday, 22nd March
- Make Do And Mend in The Crane Lane Theatre (8pm)
- Hermitage Green in Cyprus Avenue
- Toby Kaar and Flying Buttresses in The Pavilion
- Iarla Ó'Lionáird in Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch
- The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- The Vincents and When Good Pets Go Bad in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
Saturday, 23rd March
- Jukebox Gypsy in Coughlan's
- Lewis Watson in Cyprus Avenue
- Kormac (AV show) in Cyprus Avenue (11pm)
- New Valley Wolves and Vox Possible in The Gateway
- The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock in The Pavilion
Sunday, 24th March
- Solar Taxi and The Laundry Shop in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- And So I Watch You From Afar in Cyprus Avenue
- Tom Baxter in The Pavilion RESCHEDULED from October
- Beth Orton in Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch SOLD OUT
- Patrick Wolf in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- Bob Log III in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
If I have forgotten anything feel free to let me know!
Upcoming The G-Man Presents... Gigs:
11th April - The G-Man Presents... We Arrive Alive and Une Pipe in The Pavilion
3rd May - The G-Man Presents... Angel Olsen in Half Moon Theatre
25th May - The G-Man Presents... This Is The Kit in Triskel TDC
- For more gigs and dates see the overall gig guide here