Beth at the altar - take two...
English folktronica rose Beth Orton is back in the Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch for the second of two appearances down Leeside-way this evening. Limited standing tickets are available for the night which is sure to be special as most Christchurch experiences tend to be.
The other end of the week will see punkpop pleasures a-plenty on show as When Good Pets Go Bad (who streamed their last release on this very blog - recap here), The #1s, Superblondes and The Northern Drones descend upon the Triskel TDC auditorium on Sunday. Don't expect Easter eggs but there is a free compilation tape for all in attendance. Which is pretty good.
The same night will see legendary ska sorcerers conjure up a night of dimly lit dancing in The Crane Lane. Tickets are priced at €18 and available from behind the bar during the week or at the door on the night.
The Black Mariah & Plugd Records combine once more to welcome enigmatic London-based duo Raime who team up with Ellll, Haltac Gerrdos and more for a night of electronic goodness within the white-washed walls of the Triskel Arts Centre's TDC auditorium. This one's on Saturday folks so pre-empt the zombie-esque egg devouring with a bit of a dance.
Also going down this week:
- Leeside electro-popsters Toy Soldier in The Crane Lane (Tuesday)
- Citadels songwriter Cormac O'Caoimh in Bradley's of Barrack Street for a fireside session (Wednesday)
- Sea of Okhotsk, a night of improvised drone and instrumentation in Gulpd Café (Thursday)
- John Blek & The Rats down in De Barra's
of Clon (Thursday)
- an all ages afternoon meet-up in the Half Moon (Saturday)
FREE GIG OF THE WEEK:
Monday: On paper, a jump-suited, fighter plane helmeted, slide-guitar swishin' one man band who refers to himself in the third person whilst bouncing members of the opposite sex on both knees shouldn't be my thing but for some bizarre taint of a personality trait inherent in my good self, it turns out that yes, it actually is. Bob Log III is a primal force unto himself and the The Crane Lane welcomes him back for a free but late show on Phoenix Street this Monday. For the love of god if the energy levels are running high later tonight, don't miss this one.
*Film fans see Triskel Arts Centre's listings for the week over on the official website here.
Monday, 25th March
- Bob Log III in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- UCC Music Society End of Year Showcase in Cyprus Avenue
- Beth Orton in Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch
Tuesday, 26th March
- Songwriter Sessions with Paula Gomez in L'Attitude 51
- Toy Soldier in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- Tiz McNamara (single launch) in Cyprus Avenue
Wednesday, 27th March
- Fireside Sessions: Cormac O'Caoimh in Bradley's of Barrack Street
- Elly O'Keefe in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- Sitting Room Session: in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Thursday, 28th March
- Mark Geary in Coughlan's
- Vermingod, Phase Reverse and Screenreader in Fred Zeppelins
- Sea of Okhotsk in Gulpd Café (Triskel Arts Centre)
- John Blek & The Rats in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Friday, 29th March
Good Friday (which apparently means no gigs in Ireland)
Saturday, 30th March
- The 27 Club: Jack L in Everyman Palace Theatre
- Rag & Bones and The Lost Gecko in Fred Zeppelins
- Cork Rocks All Ager: Stereogen, Broken Remnants, Ryan Coleman, Waking Up Sunday and more in Half Moon Theatre (2pm)
- Maria Muldaur in The Pavilion
- The Black Mariah & Plugd Records present Raime, Ellll and Haltac Gerrdos in Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch
- Fred and Porn For The Blind in Paragon Bar (Skibbereen)
Sunday, 31st March
- The Beat in The Crane Lane Theatre
- When Good Pets Go Bad, The #1s, Superblondes and The Northern Drones in Triskel Arts Centre TDC
- The Ceili All Stars in De Barra's (Clonakilty) (2.30pm)
- The Hard Ground in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
- The Vincent(s) in Paragon Bar (Skibbereen)
Monday, 1st April
It's a bit quiet...
Tuesday, 2nd April/u>
...a little too quiet.
If I have forgotten anything feel free to let me know!
Upcoming The G-Man Presents... Gigs:
- 11th April - The G-Man Presents... We Arrive Alive and Une Pipe in The Pavilion
- 3rd May - The G-Man Presents... Angel Olsen and Cal Folger Day in Half Moon Theatre
- 25th May - The G-Man Presents... This Is The Kit in Triskel TDC
- For more gigs and dates see the overall gig guide here
Follow The G-Man on: Facebook -- Twitter -- Pinterest -- Mixcloud -- This Is My Jam -- exfm -- Soundcloud -- Bloglovin'