Mmmm, so fuzzy and warm...
Orchestral folk-rockers Fuzzy Lights once entranced me at a particularly lovely festival back in 2010, yet my recollection of the time remained foggy (or should I say fuzzy) until recently hearing the angelic, crystalline voice of the quintet's vocalist Rachel Watkins - oh she of "shimmering lights".
The Cambridge dream-pop critters' third studio record Rule of Twelfths was recently released and reminds in parts of Louisville's King's Daughters & Sons, especially the lucid way they slip so seamlessly from dreamy and pure into cataclysmic cyclones such as at the end of 'The Hour'. Give the whole thing a spin using the below player.
Or for folks not on Spotify
Upcoming tour dates include:
- 1st April: CARDIFF, Gwdihw Cafe Bar
- 2nd April: GLASGOW, Bar Bloc
- 3rd April: NEWCASTLE, Heartattack & Vine
- 4th April: MANCHESTER, The Castle
- 7th April: LIVERPOOL, Leaf
- 8th April: LEICESTER, Cookie Jar - tickets
- 13th April: LONDON, Union Chapel
For more on Fuzzy Lights visit:
- Fuzzy Lights released Rule of Twelfths in February 2013
- The band tour the UK in April. Visit www.fuzzylights.com for more info