Record Store Day 2013 approaches...
The excitement of record store day descends upon the globe this weekend with post-limited edition shopping in Plugd Records followed by "Lancastrian experimental venture" Demdike Stare's maiden visit to the altar of the Triskel Christchurch. The Saturday night gathering will also feature electronic mastermind and British reissue label Finders Keepers founder Andy Votel on DJ duties.
Rachel Zeffira continues her break from Cat's Eyes, touring last year's hypnotically intoxicating début solo release The Deserters. Click here to read a recent interview ahead of the Canadian chanteuse's visit to the Half Moon on Monday night.
Later in the week, good times return with Floating Joints' commandeering of The Pavilion's downstairs bar for another night of DJ-devised debauchery. Arrive early, leave late. Or early. Or not so late. Either way, make it your business to go.
Friday is shared between Barrack Street and Caroline Street as Bradley's welcomes noise-knights Don Vito, DAiKiRi and Gummidge and Cyprus Avenue house Scottish indie trio The Twilight Sad. For those further out on the same night, Alias Empire i.e. the artists formerly known as Dry County Alias Empire take a trip out west to De Barra's of Clonakilty
For those not Christchurch-bound on Saturday then there's a heck of an electronic ruckus being kicked up in The Pavilion, as Young Wonder and guests take to the Carey's Lane stage prior to the commencement of Crucial Party shenanigans.
FREE GIG OF THE WEEK:
Monday: Loads of local - and not so local - talent pile into The Crane Lane Theatre as part of the monthly KC Sessions. Heads up that this one starts early (8.30pm) so make your way down as soon as you can if a seat is required for those post-weekend weary bones.
*Film fans see Triskel Arts Centre's listings for the week over on the official website here.
Monday, 15th April
- The KC Sessions: Yearning Curve, Liz Butt, The Blue Choir, Siomha Brock, David Fleming, The Federation of Light and Sarah Power in The Crane Lane Theatre (8.30pm)
- Rachel Zeffira in Half Moon Theatre
Tuesday, 16th April
- Songwriter Sessions with Paula Gomez in L'Attitude 51
- Jazz Improv in The Crane Lane Theatre (9pm)
Wednesday, 17th April
- Fireside Sessions: Liz Butt in Bradley's of Barrack Street
- Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- Africa Unite in Cyprus Avenue
- Sundown Sessions in The Raven
- UCC Capriccio Night in The Roundy
- Sitting Room Session: in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Thursday, 18th April
- Modemusic presents: Christiana Underwood, Porn For The Blind, Lasú, Clare Sands & The Cranes, Míde Houlihan and more in The Crane Lane Theatre (8.30pm)
- Floating Joints 3D in The Pavilion (Bar - from 6pm)
- Francesca Barnes in The Roundy
- Hermitage Green in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Friday, 19th April
- Don Vito, DAiKiRi, Gummidge and more in Bradley's of Barrack Street
- The Twilight Sad in Cyprus Avenue
- Alias Empire in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Saturday, 20th April
- RECORD STORE DAY! in Plugd
- The Black Mariah & Plugd Records present Stranger_04 Demdike Stare, Andy Votel (Finders Keepers) and more in Triskel Arts Centre Christchurch
- Crowley's Instore: in Crowley's Music Centre (5pm)
- Young Wonder, Daithi and Elaine Mai in The Pavilion
- Collective Beats: Electronic music & arts festival in The Thatch, Lisgoold (Co. Cork)
Sunday, 21st April
- Lumiere in Coughlan's
- Saxy Lady Boys in The Pavilion
- Global Folk Tour: Rodney Branigan, Philip Henry and Nibs Van der Spuy in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
If I have forgotten anything feel free to let me know!
Upcoming The G-Man Presents... Gigs:
- 3rd May - The G-Man Presents... Angel Olsen and Cal Folger Day in Half Moon Theatre
- 25th May - The G-Man Presents... This Is The Kit in Triskel TDC
- For more gigs and dates see the overall gig guide here
Follow The G-Man on: Facebook -- Twitter -- Pinterest -- Mixcloud -- This Is My Jam -- exfm -- Soundcloud -- Bloglovin'