Rory Francis O'Brien drops into The Cork Music Show studios on a sunny Sunday afternoon to chat about ships and ancient curses...
Known better by some as Ten Past Seven's guitar wielding wild-man, Rory Francis O'Brien's just as captivating solo work has come to the fore in recent times, more specifically since developing a fruitful partnership with fellow guitarist and sonic scribe James Fortune. Regular shows around Cork (including an appearance at a G-Man Presents... showcase back in August 2012) have allowed the two to hone a dark, earthy vibe, with Fortune's electronic layers somehow retaining an organic feel, the perfect foil for O'Brien's folk-core compositions. Rory treated us at The Cork Music Show studios to two sublime performances of as-yet-unrecorded songs. Stream both and an interview with Rory below.
- 8th May - The Black Mariah, Cork (special guest for Mountains)
- 11th May - Dolan's, Limerick (special guest for Peter Delaney)
- 17th May - Coughlan's, Cork (special guest for The David Nelligan Thing)
- 31st May - Whelan's, Dublin (special guest for Peter Delaney)
For more on Rory Francis O'Brien visit www.myspace.com/roryfrancisobrien or Facebook.
The full playlist for April 28th :
01. Seti The First: La Bassinette Noir
02. The Altered Hours: Sweet Jelly Roll
03. Rory Francis O'Brien: Sad Lovers (live in the studio)
04. Rory Francis O'Brien: Tall Ships (live in the studio)
05. Ten Past Seven: The Purple Dot
06. Boa Morte: Clarence White
07. Trumpets of Jericho: Uh
*The majority of music played on The Cork Music Show is available to buy in Plugd Records on Tobin Street.
Follow The Cork Music Show on:
- Tune in to The Cork Music Show every Sunday at 4pm on Cork City Community Radio (100.5FM)
- If you know of some great Cork bands drop us a line at email@example.com