The cold continues to nip (more like chew) on our bones but that won't stop folk from warming their woes with a selection of live music. Coughlan's is the stand-out location this week as Belfast songwriter Malojian makes his way down south for a Thursday night session on Douglas Street. A firm favourite of BBC DJs (Lauren Laverne, Bob Harris), Malojian continues to progress and evolve as is evident on latest record, Southlands.
For those who like their music a little trippier, the The Sunshine Factory light up Cork Community Print Shop on Saturday evening. Joined by , Catacombs and Dave Murr, this one's a BYOB event so may appeal to those still financially floundering post-December.
Also going down around town this week:
For a day-by-day breakdown of gigs taking place in both Cork city and county over the next three weeks see below.
Tuesday, 16th February
- Jazz Improv (9.30pm) in The Crane Lane Theatre
Wednesday, 17th February
- Sam Vas-Y & Will McNichol in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Thursday, 18th February
- Malojian in Coughlan's
- Warsaw Radio (11.30pm) in The Crane Lane Theatre
- The Eskies in Cyprus Avenue
- The Joey Ryan Trio in The Oliver Plunkett
- Live Room in The Roundy
Friday, 19th February
- Strange Attractor in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Saturday, 20th February
- The Sunshine Factory, Catacombs and Dave Murr in Cork Community Print Shop
- The Klutz in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- The Vincent(s) in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
Sunday, 21st February
- Cork Improvised Music Club in Gulpd Café (Triskel Arts Centre)
- Clonakilty Jazz Collective (3pm) in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
Monday, 22nd February
- The Americanics in Coughlan's
If I have forgotten a show or listed a gig incorrectly feel free to let me know! Please make sure to confirm gig details with the official site in advance.