|I Draw Slow - Thursday in Coughlan's|
Easter bounces up onto our shoulders a little earlier than usual this year so, at least officially, Friday is a day-off for touring bands. For those looking to reclaim that missing weekend day, I Draw Slow return to Cor for a show in Coughlan's on Thursday evening. The rootsy Dublin quintet - back in the country following a U.S. tour - have fast become a firm favourite on Douglas Street with those one having sold out last week.
Sticking with homegrown songs, Wyvern Lingo play Cyprus Avenue Saturday night with the Wicklow trio having seen their pop-folk star rise high in recent times with national television appearances and a new EP The Lettter to Willow available now. Elsewhere, Levis' host Paul Tiernan down in Ballydehob Satruday, long-running Dublin band The Pale play The Crane Lane Sunday, and London ska heads Chainska Brassika are also on Phoenix Street on Monday.
Easter Sunday Shakedown: Karen Underwood & John o' Brien, Cian Finn, Stevie G, Prof Ruff Chuff with Fyared & Benji Revelation (2pm-) in Cork Cricket Club on Sunday.
Also going down around town this week:
For a day-by-day breakdown of gigs taking place in both Cork city and county over the next three weeks see below.
Tuesday, 22nd March
- Bluegrass Session in Callanan's
- Jazz Improv (9pm) in The Crane Lane Theatre
Wednesday, 23rd March
- CIT Battle of the Bands FINAL in Cyprus Avenue
Thursday, 24th March
- I Draw Slow in Coughlan's
- Nick Nace and Gordon Barry in Levis' (Ballydehob)
Friday, 25th March
Saturday, 26th March
- Wyvern Lingo in Cyprus Avenue
- Contempo Quartet (1.15pm) in Triskel Christchurch
- Paul Tiernan in Levis' (Ballydehob)
- Kormac Live AV Show in Connolly's (Leap)
- The Angels in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
Sunday, 27th March
- Easter Sunday Shakedown: Karen Underwood & John o' Brien, Cian Finn, Stevie G, Prof Ruff Chuff with Fyared & Benji Revelation (2pm-) in Cork Cricket Club
- The Pale (9pm) in The Crane Lane Theatre
- Paddy Dennehy in Levis' (Ballydehob)
- The Céilí All Stars in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- The Blues Crew in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
Monday, 28th March
- The Americanics in Coughlan's
- Chainska Brassika (11.30pm) in The Crane Lane Theatre
- An Evening of Spoken Word and Sillk in Levis' (Ballydehob)
- Moody Roots (5pm) in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
If I have forgotten a show or listed a gig incorrectly feel free to let me know! Please make sure to confirm gig details with the official site in advance.