|Bob Log III|
Slide-guitar wielding helmeted headcase Bob Log III's one man band crashes headfirst into The Crane Lane on Thursday night on what is set to be a memorable night on Phoenix Street. The jump-suited Tucson, Arizona native will also make an appearance earlier that day (17th May) out in Myrtleville before moving on to Clonakilty on Friday. If you are yet to be indoctrinated into Log's cuckoo land then the Silvertone slingin' solo party is not to be missed.
San Diego's country-lovin' carouser Sara Petite makes an appearance in The Crane Lane tomorrow night, the "AAA singer-songwriter" hoping to make a big impression on her own mini Irish tour.
The weekend itself is filled with three "big ones": post-classical trio Transcendentalists visit the Opera House on Saturday (click here to read more); The Pav welcome legendary Seattle indie label Sub Pop's very own hip-hop collective Shabazz Palaces to Carey's Lane on Saturday night with multi-million selling Glaswegian indie stalwarts Franz Ferdinand in the same venue on Sunday. For those yet to grab tickets I am afraid they sold out nearly as soon as they went on sale but keep an eye on PROC as you just never know...
Elsewhere, Bristol soul/reggae rabble Yes Sir Boss are on Phoenix Street for a late one Wednesday, Citadels' frontman Cormac O'Caoimh is in The Roundy (Thursday) and Galwegian post-rockers It Was All A Bit Black & White are in Fred's (Friday) on the back of an EP launch which can be downloaded for free via bandcamp here.
Somehow managed to forget The Altered Hours and It Was All A Bit Black & White in Myrtleville on Friday. Outstanding double-header featuring two of Cork's great young hopes.
Monday, 14th May
- Hank & Edel in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
Tuesday, 15th May
- Hank Wedel & Edel Curtin in The Pavilion
- Sara Petite in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
Wednesday, 16th May
- Fenton & The Phantoms in Bradley's of Barrack Street
- Solstice Fundraiser with Carried By Waves, Long Gone and more in The Pavilion
- De Barra's Sitting Room in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- Yes Sir Boss in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
Thursday, 17th May
- Bob Log III in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville) (7.30pm)
- Thursday Music Sessions in cojunction with BalconyTV Cork: Paddy Mulcahy and Derek Ellard in Gulpd Café (Triskel Arts Centre)
- Commemorating Al-Nakba: Celebrating Palestine in The Pavilion
- Trash Culture Revue: Cormac O'Caoimh and Ants On Glass in The Roundy
- Bob Log III in The Crane Lane Theatre
Friday, 18th May
- The Altered Hours and Trumpets of Jericho in Pine Lodge (Myrtleville)
- Trash Culture Revue: Liz Clark & Tessa Perry in Bradley's of Barrack Street
- Trash Culture Revue: Mutant Cabaret in The Roundy
- Siomha Brock in The Crane Lane Theatre (8pm)
- Bob Log III in De Barra's (Clonakilty)
- It Was All A Bit Black & White in Fred Zeppelins
Saturday, 19th May
- Trash Culture Revue: Pearse McGloughlin & The Nocturnes in The Roundy
- Jóhann Jóhannsson, Hauschka and Dustin O'Halloran in Cork Opera House
- Arabian Nights II in aid of The Girls Club in The Crane Lane Theatre (8pm)
- Shabazz Palaces and Spekulativ Fiction in The Pavilion
Sunday, 20th May
- Mark Black & The Trips in The Crane Lane Theatre (11.30pm)
- Lady Grew & T-Lab in The Pavilion (Bar)
- Franz Ferdinand in The Pavilion